This product is currently sold out.
First-time blockers are always amazed by the difference blocking makes to the final appearance of their knitting. After blocking, sweater parts lay flat, stitches even out, and what looked like a wild mess now behaves nicely. It’s like magic! After 20 years of teaching knitting, Cocoknits' founder, Julie Weisenberger, never grew tired of instructing her students on finishing techniques. In fact, the technique of blocking is one of her favorite things to demonstrate. She used to demonstrate blocking with pieces of carpet, but carpet scorched easily and was too thin for blocking pins to sink into. Rugs, towels and bulky blocking boards weren’t much better. Many of her students didn’t bother to block because it was such a cumbersome task. With this in mind, she set out to improve on the carpet pieces. She eventually had special tiles custom made to create the ideal blocking mats, and the end result is her Knitter’s Block Kit.
- Very low, lightly barbed pile
- fabric covering gently grips your knitting without pilling or leaving fibers
- can be assembled in a variety of sizes from a square for sweater pieces, a long rectangle for scarves or a triangle for shawls
- Thick backing of waterproof EVA
- suitable for use on any surface since moisture won’t seep through
- holds pins firmly in place
- blocked items dry faster than with towels because the tiles don't absorb water
- Heat resistant
- essential for steam blocking
- blocks are stored in a sturdy 14”x14” bag
- 18 interlocking, fiber-topped EVA foam tiles, each measures 12" × 12" (tiles from the new kit are compatible with older Knitter's Block tiles)
- 40 stainless steel T-PINS
- 48" SQUARE COTTON CLOTH WOVEN with 1" square gingham to help measure your finished piece
- A sturdy jute bag to contain the kit
HOW TO USE
To see the Knitter's Block in action and read tips on blocking, see the BLOCKING TUTORIAL.