Weaving • Square Loom Weaving Workshop with Nancy Ricci
This product is currently sold out.
Saturday March 7th & Saturday March 21st 10:30AM - 2:00PM
Continuous Strand Weaving on a Nancy Ricci Square Loom with Super Bulky Weight yarn
You will learn how to use the 12" Square Loom including how to connect the squares into a poncho or blanket.
We will also talk about combining colors and yarns.
Materials and Tools:
12" Nancy Ricci Square Loom which cost $60
These looms are handmade by my father in law.
How much yarn?
Yarn: At least 850 - 1000 grams of Super Bulky Weight yarn.
For my poncho I used:
6 skeins of Malabrigo Rasta
6 x 150grams = 900 grams
6 x 90yards = 540 yards
Day 1 : 3 hrs
- Introduction to weaving on a Square Loom. We will at least make 4 squares.
- Intro into 2 seaming techniques.
Day 2: 3 hrs
- Students will have made at least 12 squares and will learn how to connect them into a poncho or blanket.
- Configuration of a poncho.
- How to cut fringe and how to attach fringe.