What the Fade Shawl Pattern
This product is currently sold out.
Quadruple your fading fun from Drea Renee Knits!! This shawl starts off with back to back fades thanks to beautiful, bouncy two color brioche! It ends with an epic band of all 6 colors faded together with some relaxing garter stitch. To celebrate this amazing fade, we’ll finish it off with faded tassels, and then wrap it around and wear it all year long! Included in the pattern are links to helpful video tutorials. Techniques from this pattern include triangle shawl shaping, two color brioche, fading brioche, fading garter, faded tassels, brioche increasing, I-cord tab cast on, I-cord edging, and I-cord bind off.
YARN: 6 different colors (1 skein each 100 g/400 yds) to create a cohesive fade. We suggest getting a full skein of each.
NEEDLES: Size US 3/3.25mm (32 in/80 cm - 40 in/101 cm circular)
SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate
- Garter Stitch - 26 sts and 60 rows = 4 in/10 cm
- Brioche - 26 sts and 30 rows = 4 in/10 cm
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: Wingspan - 84 in/213 cm, Center depth - 33 in/84 cm
COLORS SHOWN: Hedgehog Fibres Skinny Singles (100 g/400 yds)
- Color A: Egg Yolk (70 g/280 yds)
- Color B: Wild Card (90 g/360 yds)
- Color C: Poppy (90 g/360 yds)
- Color D: Crybaby (90 g/360 yds)
- Color E: Heyday (75 g/300 yds)
- Color F: Fly (65 g/260 yds)